We all arrived safely and eventually were dropped off at our relevant hotel along with our luggage, well, nearly all that is because during the check in process Pistol was seen running between the two hotels looking for two suitcases for him and Jane that never turned up where they should have. I am assuming he has since located them.

Above are the merry band of souls about to venture forth to the check in gate. Thanks to Emma and Virgin for use of the V lounge prior to leaving for breakfast and drinks.

Monday evening was a chance to relax a little after the long day travelling.

The first full day, Tuesday was a subdued day with people acclimatising to their new surroundings. Yours truly was feeling a touch under the weather. This was due, I was reliably informed by seasoned traveler Stu Peacey was all down to the dodgy Ginger used in the drinks the previous evening. All those beers were fine, so too the rum so I guess he has a point about the ginger being responsible for my feeling of nausea that lasted all day.

‘Six on the Beach’ did take place as is normal tradition now. Brave hardy souls meeting up at the oceans edge for a ‘bob’ and a chat. Who would have put money on George Doors being the first to arrive?

As far as I am aware not to much to report but stories may unfold as the days go by. What I will say though after an early morning rain shower freshened things up was it was very hot. The welcome relief of the sea breeze and some cold drinks helping matters somewhat.

Oh, quickly going back a day briefly there was an incident, which I can mention on late Monday night. A couple of us had ventured over to a couple of music bars. I use the term bars very loosely as they were just wooden huts basically with chairs outside. Anyway, nearing the end of the night I decided to use the facilities. After being pointed in the right direction I found the restrooms. I ventured in and closed the cubicle door behind me. Only for a voice outside to shout” You are in the ladies restroom mon”. To which I replied ” Sorry, I have started now so I will finish”. This I duly did and opened the door to see a woman stood by the hand basins. Needless to say I was very apologetic again. At which point she spoke and said “come on then”. What the bloody hell?! You have never seen any 66 year old bloke move so quick. It was a good job there were no selectors there as I would have been surely entered into the next Olympics.

It was lovely to see good friends Randy, Amory and Dwayne in the evening in the bar now renamed Amigo’s. This place has had more name changes than Prince! Once known as The Whistling Frog then it became The Sporting Pig and I am sure there were others.

Anyway the actual place itself has stayed the same inside with cheap beers and a happy (two) hours. The next Odi between The Windies and England will be live on the tv’s in the bar so a good excuse to get out of the blazing hot sun for a couple of hours should one wish.

Well that’s all for today you will be pleased to know. we will see what unfolds this second full day then as we prepare for the first cricket match tomorrow up at North Stars. More later then as I go and dry off. Because as I sit here typing this at 5.30 am in the morning in the little courtyard there was a sudden rain shower as often happens, brief rain shower first thing then when the sun rises it all drys up but offering freshness to the air briefly. Anyway to keep dry I moved into the restaurant area, only to find the roof leaked therefore having to move further in again and again. I was up and down like a happy mans bum!